After April 2013 – when Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) no longer exist - not only will it be vital for Local Optical Committeees to be able to demonstrate that all proposals for community eyecare services are cost-efficient and patient-centred, but it will also be pivotal that new services do not require administration support from the Clinical Commissioning Groups. In other words, we can’t expect the NHS to collect the data or audit the local community eye care services we are asking them to commission.
LOCSU has been working very closely with Webstar Health who are the leaders in the field of primary care software integration to develop packages that will benefit Commissioners, LOCs and the practices providing services. Commissioners in many areas will already be familiar with the work that Webstar Health have already done with Pharmacy services and their practices.
OptoManager will allow:
- Local Optical Committees (LOCs) to offer managed community services to commissioners including administration, data collection and performance reports
- Speedier and easier administration of community services enabling practitioners to focus on service delivery and outcomes
- The collection of robust audit data so that commissioners can understand the value of local services to the eye health of the local community
OptoManager comprises two products:
- OptoServ is a fully featured community service and claims management system which builds on the successful IT platform that was launched in early 2010 for collation of clinical data associated with managing the IOP Refinement pathway in NHS Stockport
- OptoClaim for the processing of claims in older paper-based community services
Volume-Based Pricing Structure for OptoManager
LOCSU has worked with Webstar Health to develop a volume-based pricing structure that will benefit the Primary Eyecare Companies. For more information, please click here.
To find out more, you can read an overview of OptoManager Software:
More detailed information is also available in the following documentation:
- a guide to OptoManager software (Managing Community Services with OptoManager Software)
a factsheet which outlines additional information about how OptoManager can support your LOC
If you have any further questions, and would like to arrange a chat and/or a demonstration of how OptoManager can help you, please contact Katrina Venerus at email@example.com or contact Spencer Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org.