LOCSU has developed a range of factsheets to support Local Optical Committees (LOCs) in a number of areas.
Advice on how manage your Local Optical Committee
- Guidance on holding LOC AGMs (revised Feb 2015)
- Declaration of Conflicts of Interest Form for LOCs (Dec 2013)
- OT article on Conflicts of Interest by Alan Tinger, LOCSU Chairman (Nov 2013)
- LOC Model Constitution (revised Nov 2016)
- LOC Model Constitution FAQs (Nov 2016)
- LOCs Model Constitution (revised 1 April 2013)
- LOCs Model Constitution (19 August 2008)
- Guidance on LOCs Model Constitution (revised Feb 2017)
- LOCs Model Constitution advice leaflet (revised Apr 2013)
- LOC Data Protection Policy (Nov 2016)
- What is the role of an LOC? (Feb 2017)
New Officer Support
LOCSU offer an online Induction training to all new officers, and to those seeking to refresh their knowledge. Please click on the link and it will take you to the training. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCSU offer online Treasurers training focused on the role and responsibilities of LOC Treasurers. Please click on the link and it will take you to the training. Any questions, please email email@example.com.
The LOCSU levy paid by LOCs is 0.5% of the GOS sight test fees paid to contractors from 1 April 2016.
All payments to LOCSU should be accompanied by a completed levy payment form:
For questions regarding the payment of the LOCSU Levy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCs Secretaries/Administrators contacts can be found under this link.