11 March 2020
At LOCSU we are aware that there has been a range of information in circulation relating to Coronavirus and potential risks and processes for dealing with patients who may have been exposed to the virus.
It is important that all LOCs work within consistent and verified advice as such LOCSU would direct all LOCs to:
- General Coronavirus advice for clinicians: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/
The sector bodies have constructed pages drawing together advice and support for dealing with Coronavirus:
In addition, further advice can be found on government and NHS websites:
- UK government:
- Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
- Novel coronavirus: guidance for health professionals
- Novel coronavirus: guidance for primary care
- Novel coronavirus: guidance to assist professionals in advising the general public
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/
The sector bodies are now part of a weekly virtual call with NHS England and information from those will be circulated as necessary. For further LOC advice and guidance please contact your local Optical Lead.