LOCs Help Promote Primary Eye Care in NHS Birthday Celebrations!
9 July 2021
LOCs provided pictures for a special NHS 73rd Birthday video that celebrated the work of primary care.
The video highlighted:
- More than 1000 PCN led vaccination sites and nearly 700 community pharmacy sites
- More than 65 million COVID-19 vaccines being administered
- Over 7.5 million COVID-19 vaccines administered by community pharmacy
- General practice teams expanded with 14 new roles
- 8 million GP appointments in April 2021 alone
- 295 million GP appointments since April 2020
- Community Pharmacist Consultation Service supported 10,000 patients via their GP
- 600 Urgent dental centres during the pandemic
- 10,000 looking after you too coaching sessions booked
- 4 million sight tests
Thanks to David Hill (Suffolk LOC), Prakash Rughani (Barnet, Enfield, Camden & Harringey LOC) and Jill Umpleby (Cheshire LOC) for supplying the pictures.