LOCSU has created a range of publicity material that can be used and adapted by LOCs. You will find these available for download in the members’ area (login at the bottom of this page).
LOC Recruitment Video
These videos were developed to explain the role and the benefits of joining the LOC. The resource includes a template PowerPoint presentation which LOCs can adapt for local use. The presentation includes links to the videos.
- Why did you get involved in your LOC?
- What do you get out of being involved in your LOC?
- PowerPoint Presentation
Please note: under the PDF format, using Adobe Acrobat Standard or professional versions, you can edit the poster to add a list of participating practices or to signpost to a LOC website or Primary Eyecare Company website, otherwise, they cannot be edited.
- MECS Poster (Opticians) – updated April 2017
This poster can be used if you are delivering or are about to deliver a Minor Eye Condition Services and wish to publicise its availability.
- MECS Poster Landscape (Opticians) – new April 2017
This poster can be used as a window sticker if you are delivering or are about to deliver a Minor Eye Condition Services and wish to publicise its availability.
- MECS Poster (GP, Pharmacies, A&E and signposters) – updated April 2017
This poster can be used to signpost a MECS pathway that is being delivered locally.
- MECS Leaflet – updated April 2017
This leaflet can be used to explain what a Minor Eye Condition Service is, what it does and does not cover, and how to book an appointment.
Effective LOC Communications
This PDF presentation is used on the LOCSU Facilitated Induction Course and can be adapted or consulted for local use. It covers:
- The rationale for business communication
- The components of a good communication plan
- Effective LOC external communication (to the world at large)
- Effective internal LOC communication (to contractors/practitioners)
- Effective two-way communication between LOCs and LOCSU