LOC Recruitment Video
These videos were developed to explain the role of the LOC and the benefits of joining the LOC. The resource includes a template PowerPoint presentation which LOCs can adapt for local use. The presentation includes links to the videos.
- Why did you get involved in your LOC?
- What do you get out of being involved in an LOC
- PowerPoint Presentation
MECS Poster (Opticians) – updated April 2017
This generic poster can be used if you are delivering or are about to deliver a Minor Eye Condition Services and wish to publicise its availability.
MECS Poster Landscape (Opticians) – new April 2017
This generic poster can be used as a window sticker if you are delivering or are about to deliver a Minor Eye Condition Services and wish to publicise its availability.
MECS Poster (GP, Pharmacies, A&E and signposters) – updated April 2017
This generic poster can be used to signpost a MECS pathway that is being delivered locally.
MECS Leaflet – updated April 2017
This generic leaflet can be used to explain what a Minor Eye Condition Service is, what it does and does not cover, and how to book an appointment. It has space to add a list of participating practices or to signpost to an LOC website or Primary Eyecare Company website.
This adaptable infographic in PDF format can be used by LOCs, Primary Eyecare Companies and Regional Primary Eyecare Companies as an “impact poster” for CCGs and Acute Trusts.
This adaptable infographic in JPEG format can be used by LOCs, LOC Companies and Regional LOC Companies as an “impact poster” for CCGs and Acute Trusts.
- MECS template press release for use with local media.
- MECS plus other services template press release for use with local media
We can also provide LOCs with high-resolution versions and deal directly with your designer or printer. For advice and more options contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective LOC Communications
This PDF presentation is used on the LOCSU Facilitated Induction Course and can be adapted or consulted for local use. It covers:
- The rationale for business communication
- The components of a good communication plan
- Effective LOC/PEC external communication (to the world at large)
- Effective internal LOC communication (to contractors/practitioners)
- Effective two-way communication between LOCs and LOCSU