Consultations are an important part of policy engagement and provide LOCSU the opportunity to influence national policy. LOCSU leads and takes part in a large number of consultations affecting the optical sector including consultations released by government, NHS bodies and NICE amongst others, relating to commissioning frameworks, contractual mechanisms, clinical developments and much more.
LOCSU has led on a number of key consultation responses in recent years. Examples include:
- Response to the Health Select Committee on Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- Response to the Parliamentary Inquiry into Capacity Problems in NHS Eye Care Services and Avoidable Sight Loss in England – Call for Evidence
- Response to NHS England regarding NHS Standard Contract
- Response to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health Inquiry into Managing Demand in Primary Care
- Standard Contract 2020/21 (NHSEI)
- 2020 Tariff (NHSEI)
- Glaucoma Monitoring with AOP (Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch)
- Long Term Plan (NHSEI)
We also contributed to the following consultations:
- Community Eye Service Framework (CCEHC)
- Recovery Phase Guidance (College Optoms)
Please contact LOCSU for further details.