Facilitated Online Induction Programme
Book now for the in-depth Facilitated Induction programme which is hosted using our online platform Noddlepod. This approach will include the opportunity to participate in private, online group discussions with other new members and experienced LOC officers, group webinars focused on specific LOC topics and activities designed to support delegates to become effective LOC members quickly. We also welcome experienced LOC members who would like to refresh their knowledge.
The next course is:
June 2019 Course
- Week 1 – Monday 10 June 2019: Introductions/You and Your LOC
- Week 2 – Monday 17 June 2019: What is an LOC?
- Week 3 – Monday 24 June 2019: LOC Functions and Governance (includes a webinar with the LOCSU team on 26 June at 6.30pm)
- Week 4 – Monday 1 July 2019: Communications. Learning includes establishing an LOC Communications Plan, tactics to get your LOC message across, an outline of LOCSU’s Communications activities, a list of the resources available to LOCs and suggestions on how we can work together to promote primary care optics locally and nationally
What Is The Commitment?
We anticipate that delegates will need to allocate 2-3 hours per week during the course to complete the reading and activities.
How Do I Sign Up?
In order to register for this programme, delegates need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing their name, LOC and their role within the LOC (please copy in your Chair to the email for transparency).
Online Induction Non-Facilitated Modules
LOC Induction Online training module is a useful resource for all newly-elected committee members/officers and experienced members alike who wish to update themselves on the role and responsibilities of the LOC, the NHS landscape and who’s who of the national optical bodies at their own pace.
- LOC Induction Online Training Module User Guide
- LOC Induction Module – The Effective LOC – Part 1
- LOC Induction Module – The Effective LOC – Part 2
- LOC Induction Module – The Effective LOC – Part 3
- Key information on the NHS for LOC Committee Members
- The Who’s Who of the National Bodies
- New Members Induction Pack
(All of the resources can be accessed by logging in to the Members’ Training section of the website.)
Please click here for our Jargon Buster document, which you may find useful.
If you have any questions around both the Programme and the Modules, please email Simone Mason, LOCSU’s Digital Learning Support Officer.
- Conference Call notes, links and resources
- Using De Bonos six hat theory for LOC decision making
- Extract from LOCSU Leadership course 2017: Habiba Bham’s ‘Leading Teams’ blog
(Resources from previous courses can be accessed by logging in to the Members’ Training section of the website.)