Facilitated Online Induction Programme
Book now for the in-depth Facilitated Induction programme which is hosted using our NEW online platform. This approach will include the opportunity to participate in private, online group discussions with other new members, group webinars focused on specific LOC topics and activities designed to support delegates to become effective LOC members quickly. We also welcome experienced LOC members who would like to refresh their knowledge.
- Orientation Week – Monday 11 January 2021: Introductions / You and Your LOC
- Week 1 – Monday 18 January: What is a LOC?
- Monday 18 January @ 7pm – Welcome webinar
- Week 2 – Monday 25 January: LOC Functions and Governance
- Wednesday 27 January @ 7pm – Webinar with expert guests from LOCSU (highly recommended but not mandatory)
- Week 3 – Monday 1 February: Communications
- Wednesday 3 February @ 7pm – Interactive webinar on communications (highly recommended but not mandatory)
What Is The Commitment?
We anticipate that delegates will need to allocate 2-3 hours per week during the course to complete the reading and activities.
How Do I Sign Up?
In order to register for this programme, delegates need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing their name, LOC and their role within the LOC (please copy in your Chair to the email for transparency).
Online Induction Non-Facilitated Modules
LOC Induction Online training module is a useful resource for all newly-elected committee members/officers and experienced members alike who wish to update themselves on the role and responsibilities of the LOC, the NHS landscape and who’s who of the national optical bodies at their own pace.
- The Who’s Who of the National Bodies
- New Members Induction Pack (Please log into the members area)
- Jargon Buster
If you have any questions around both the programme content, please email Simone Mason, LOCSU’s Digital Learning Support Officer.